This is a great flavorful chicken soup with alot of healthy vegetables. You can enjoy this soup on its on or enjoy it with a refreshing spring or summer salad.
Chicken Vegetable Soup:
- 1 whole chicken, baked or boiled
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth/stock
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 TBS olive oil or coconut oil
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 5 tomatoes, diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- half cup fresh parsley, chopped
- two tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 TSP sea salt
- Bake or boil chicken, remove chicken from bones and set aside
- Heat oil in skillet, add onion and garlic, sauté
- Add chicken stock/broth to soup pot and bring to a boil
- Add carrots, celery, sautéed onion and garlic. Simmer till vegetable are tender, about 30-45 minutes
- Add chicken, tomatoes, parsley, Italian seasoning, and sea salt. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until done.
Now enjoy a delicious great tasting soup.